Sunday, November 22, 2009

I Believe

I want to say that there is hope, Paul has never given up on hope. He is a fighter, when he sets out to do a job, he gets it done. This journey has been difficult but we know how truly blessed we are. We are blessed to have so many walking with us and praying for us in this time. There have been difficult days for Paul, but it seems on those days I am able to lift him up. And when I have had difficult days, Paul is able to lift me up. God is good, He is always there for us.

In July of 2008 Paul and I did some updating on the bathrooms in our home. We tore out wallpaper, textured and painted. Paul is one that starts and finishes his goals. Like when he paints, he goes around the room once. He does the cut in work, paints again. Never even stopping long enough to wash the brush.

When the bathrooms were finished, I wanted to put a saying on the wall above the mirror. I researched, googled, looked through catalogs and magazines. I wanted to find that special saying. I searched Bible verses and other sayings. I was patient knowing when I found the right saying, it would just jump out at me. It took me 6 months to find the perfect saying. And in January I put it on the wall. I remember it vividly. It was Sunday and Paul was watching sports on TV as always. I pulled him away long enough to help me measure so I would get this inspiration on the wall just perfectly.

I was able to get the saying on the wall and I was so proud. It was the early morning hours of the following day that the pain began for Paul. January 19th. He spent the next day getting scans and seeing doctors. It was a little over a month before he was diagnosed with colorectal cancer stage 4.

Here is the saying I put on the wall…



Everyday holds the possibility of a Miracle.


I still Believe.

8 comments:

  1. First my prayers are with you and your family.Paul was one of mt first friends in Dumas back in 1982 or 1983 Its been so long.He was always so kind to me and my family.We lived acros from each other in a apt.we also got our first puppy from his parents,Well all I have a great things to say about Paul and his family,So you Sheree must be a great women,I dont know you but it would be nice to have known you.May God always be with you and your famliy.Cara (SUSEE) Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know Paul real well but I have had the oppertunity to spend some time with him through work events golf tournaments and trade shows.It did not take me long to realize that he is a good man.I have been praying for him daily lately and at church this morning I asked the sunday school class to pray as well.To my surprise there were other people that know him and know what a good man he is.Nathan and Linda Hise Say that they have spent some time camping with the famiy.Paul has had an impact on my life as well as others that he may not realize. My prayers go out to him and the family may God be with you through this trying time.
    Jeff Woody (Lubbock Fastenal)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheree you are an amazing woman. Your positive attitude and optimism through this journey have truly been inspiring. You, Paul, and your family continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. God is in still on the throne, in control of every situation and absolutley able to perform miracles! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. God bless you both.

    Kristen Dunning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jesus for miracles. Thank you Jesus for Paul. Thank you Jesus for Sheree. Praise you Jesus for strength, hope, and peace. Thank you Jesus for daily reminders even if it is on the bathroom wall. Praise you God for never leaving their side. Praise you God for giving the family a community to lift this couple up.
    May our lips never stop praising your Holy Name!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheree please stay strong and stay with the Lord. We thank Him everyday, for all He does. We may have questions, that we don't know the answers. That is what makes us, thank Him. We give Him thanks, for having given us Paul, in our lives. Tell Paul, that our prayers are with him and your families..........DHS '92

    Augie Mata

    ReplyDelete
  6. You proove to be a blessing to each other. The simple fact of being there and the little touch that says more than anyone can understand. Bless you both.
    The Human Touch
    'Tis the human touch in this world that counts,
    The touch of your hand with mine,
    Which means far more to the fainting heart
    Than shelter and bread and wine.
    For shelter is gone when the night is o'er,
    And bread lasts only a day;
    But the touch of the hand and the sound of your voice
    Sings on in the soul always.
    Author unknown

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheree - you are truely such a beautiful person. Your journey with Paul continues to inspire me daily as I continue to lift him up in prayer. You are so right! Miracles happen everyday, we just don't bother look for them. In Jesus name we continue to pray. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheree - You are such beautiful person and your words are so inspiring. My heart goes out to you and your family. I've been praying for Paul for some time now. GOD is our Great Physician and HE can perform miracles. May GOD continue to give you strength and peace during this difficult time. Melanie Brewer Beard

    ReplyDelete